1000 Books Before Kindergarten
We invite you to participate in this free program which encourages you to read 1,000 books with your children before they start kindergarten. Come by the Library to pick up your starter kit. Click here for more information.
Resources for Parents of Preschoolers
- Mid-Willamette Valley Community Action Head Start – Programs for preschool children
- Homeschooling Resources – Links to Oregon Homeschooling laws, groups, co-ops, associations, resources and more
- Marion/Polk Parenting Resources (Early Learning Hub) – Resources for parenting classes and calendars for events around Marion and Polk Counties
- Oregon Kindergarten Assessment – Resources for getting your child ready for kindergarten
- OregonParenting Education Collaborative – Compilation of links and resources approved by OPEC
- The Children’s Reading Foundation – A website dedicated to encouraging and educating families about their important role in raising a reader and preparing their child for kindergarten
Need something else? Contact the Youth Services Coordinator at 503 845-6401 or by email at YouthServices@mtangel.gov.
eBooks, eAudio, eMagazines
Library2Go – Available with your library card and PIN
Listen to eAudiobooks, and read eBooks and eMagazines with Library2go, which you can access using the app, Libby. Libby works with smartphones, tablets, Kindles, and eReaders. Video guide to Library2Go.
Provides access to 1.7 million eBooks.
Project Gutenberg is a library of over 60,000 free eBooks. Choose among free epub and Kindle eBooks, download them or read them online. You will find the world’s great literature here, with focus on older works for which U.S. copyright has expired.
Oregon Battle of the Books
The Oregon Battle of the Books (OBOB) is a statewide voluntary reading motivation and comprehension program sponsored by the Oregon Association of School Libraries in conjunction with a Library Services and Technology Act grant. Students in 3rd-12th grade, regardless of ability, are exposed to quality literature representing a variety of literary styles and viewpoints. Click here to find more information, including current lists.
Oregon School Library Information System (OSLIS)
Oregon School Library Information Network helps kids learn to research and research to learn.
To access the OSLIS click here.
Get expert reading recommendations from NoveList K-8 Plus
NoveList K-8 Plus is a trusted source of read-alike recommendations specifically for younger readers. It helps kids find books that are just right for their reading level and interests. Parents & teachers can also find tools to teach with books and engage young readers.
Available at: All CCRLS libraries
Access type: In-library use and Remote access (library card required)
Click here to log-in with your library account and get started!